All the Men of the Bible - Friday, August 16, 2013
Kish, Cis [Kĭsh,Cĭs]—power or straw.
- A. Benjamite, a son of Abiel and father of Saul, Israel’s first king (1 Sam. 9:1, 3; 10:11, 21). Called Cis in Acts 13:21.
- Son of Abi-gibeon, a Benjamite (1 Chron. 8:30; 9:36).
- A Levite in David’s time, of the family of Merari and the house of Mahli (1 Chron. 23:21, 22; 24:29).
- A Levite and a Merarite who assisted in the cleansing of the Temple in Hezekiah’s time (2 Chron. 29:12).
- A Benjamite, ancestor of Mordecai, the cousin of Queen Esther (Esther 2:5).
Devotional content drawn from All the Men of the Bible by Herbert Lockyer. Used with permission.
Have All the Men of the Bible delivered to your inbox!